Friday, February 13, 2009

The Bag of Winds


Alas, we reach an island to get water. I find a location where there is a waterfall andthen the strangest thing happens. Whenever I try to reach for a drink, the water blows away from my mouth. Tired and thirsty as I was, I try a few more times and I see a face appear in the water.
"Reveal yourself!" I yell. "I am Aeolus, God of Wind." he replies. "Why are you not letting me drink? I am thirsty." I say. "Because Posidon told me to not let you." snickers Aeolus. "Go to the top of this cliff and we shall talk, where Posidon cannot hear us." he says. And so I reach the top of the cliff, and there he is waiting for me. We talk, discussing the reason why Posidon despices me. Posidon think I am selfish, because I didn't give him credit when my men and I sailed across the sea on this quest. But Aeolus disagrees with Posidon, and helps my men and I out. He gives me a bag of winds and tells me not to use it until Ithaca is in sight, and to point the bag in the opposite direction. For this plan to suceeed, I must protect this with my life and not let my men touch it. Later on, my men and I set sail and vow never to sleep until I reach Ithaca. But I became very sleepy, listening and swaying to the beat of the ocean and fall asleep hugging the bag. One of my michevious, stingy men, Soricus, was very curious about what the bag contained and why I was so protective of it. So he, and a few other men sit there for hours wandering what it could be. Almost all of them agree that its trease, but one. That loyal crew mate was Archaems, who tried telling him not too. Soricus rebels, and has one of the other crew members tied him to the poopdeck while he opens the bag, the wind blows us out of control, and sets our ship away from Ithaca. I immediately awake from my daze and shout "What have you done?!" and take the bag away from, but it was useless. All of the wind escaped from the bag, and I sit yearning about how I was so close to seeing my son and Penelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment