Friday, February 13, 2009

The Lotus Eaters


Alcoinous has just asked my name, and so I say “I am Odysseus, King of Ithaca. For, Ithaca is my home where my wife and son await my return, as well as the rest of my people. Oh, the pain I have encountered to reach home. I have witnessed all my men die horribly all because of the water god, Posiden whose desire is to punish me. For nine days, the remaining men and I wandered aimlessly, until we came across The Lotus Eaters who eat flowers that causes laziness and dreaminess. I sent out two of my men by choice. Only did I find them interacting with The Lotus Eaters who mean no harm. As a peace offering, they give a honeyed flowered that makes you forgetful of home. My men, took it and didn’t care to return. Instead they wanted to stay and roam forever. After I saw the effects, I warn my men not to take the Lotus flowers and set sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment